1. Skill Development Training: Collaboration with TISS (Tata Institute of Social Sciences) has been made to impart skill development training to students of 03 colleges (Balugaon, Chandikhol & City Women’s College, BBSR) on pilot basis. Besides, training of Teachers of Vocational Colleges is imparted by Centurion University of Technology & Management, Bhubaneswar and Central Institute of Plastic Engineering, Bhubaneswar.
2. Opening of different Cells in all Universities and Colleges: All Vice-Chancellors of Universities and Principals of all Colleges have opened Students Advisory Bureau, Career Counselling Cell, Placement Cells, Internal Quality Assurance Cell, and Equal Opportunity Cell.
i. e-Scholarships: Different types of Scholarship are awarded to students pursuing higher studies by the Higher Education Department. In order to make the process easy, it has made on-line for application /selection/renewal and disbursement. 24,500 students have been benefitted.Interest subsidy will be given to the students, availing study loans from the banks.
ii. e-valuation: On-Screen evaluation of answer books to have accuracy in marking system was adopted in Annual HS Examination, 2015. Answer scripts of 05 Science subjects of Annual HS Examination 2015 were taken up on pilot basis.
iii.e-Admission: Through-out the state e- admission has been introduced by means of Student Academic Management System to bring better transparency, error free admission to the students in an economical mode.
iv. e-Despatch:Letter for communication has been channelized through e- despatch system with an intention of economical mode, less time consuming ,immediate response as well as lead to eco-friendly environment.
4. Modernization of Quality Education: It has been decided for implementation for setting up of Smart Classes, wi-fi campus, automation of Libraries, NET Coaching Clinics in Government as well as Non-Government Colleges in a phased manner.
5. Capacity Building development programmes: Leadership development programmes have been organized under RUSA for the Vice-Chancellors/Registrars/other officials of Universities and also for Principals of Colleges.
6. Introduction of CBCS : Choice Based Credit System has been initiated in the Autonomous Colleges on pilot phase.
7. Enhancement of Reservation: Government has increased the percentage of reservation for SC and ST category in education sector from 8% to 16.25% and 12% to 22.50% respectively.
8. Vice-Chancellor’s Conclave: Odisha state had six General Universities until January 2015. These are Utkal University, Berhampur University, Sambalpur University, Fakir Mohan University, North Odisha University and Ravenshaw University. The Vice-Chancellors of all these six Universities had formed a conclave and meet almost at monthly intervals as different Universities and discuss the common problems and possible solution with focus on strengthening the teaching, Research, infrastructure and also administrative reforms. The officers of the Higher Education Department of Govt. of Odisha also participate in these meetings so that the problems as well as requirements of the Universities are understood on spot and action taken for solution. Till date six meetings of the Vice-Chancellors were held at different locations.
9. Opening of Bank A/C:Savings Bank A/C bearing no. 50100031637124 has been opened at HDFC Bank, Unit-8, Nayapalli,Bhubaneswar branch in order to transact on day to day basis under RUSA programme, Odisha followed by an executive order of Higher Education Department, Govt. of Odisha bearing no. HE-FE-IA-POL-0100/2013 dtd 02.01.2014.